Dear Carolin, thank you for your message, however, the criteria remain unclear to me, and perhaps I am not fully understanding them. You mentioned that the only exceptions for sales roles are speakers or sponsors, yet from the list I identified two examples of individuals who are neither speakers nor sponsors, are not employed in those capacities, and are not even peering contacts, and who have still been registered for this event while I have been declined despite having participated in the last two years without any complaints: Bora Daja, who is our account at Zayo, and Dylan Carver, the Head of Sales at AFR-Telecom. Despite my clear interest in participating, I would appreciate further clarification so I can better understand the criteria being applied. Thank you Atenciosamente / Best Regards [cid:c1ff7418-ad73-496f-9528-4ad6832f3855.jpg] [cid:barra1transaprente(1)_52615b8f-bb3f-4ceb-92b4-beb18ad7e375.png] Artur Mendes VP Sales | Deputy Director | mob: +244927686213 artur.mendes@angolacables.com [cid:barra2transparentenova_ef83f4cd-cee1-4937-bd3b-9911b5eb9df3.png] [cid:telcableseuropa-logotipo-azul_446bb34e-7ec0-41b0-9710-3683512438a8.png] [cid:QR2ce380c6-90eb-4d68-f1ff-96886841b35d.png] https://www.angolacables.com<https://www.angolacables.com/> | AS 37468 [cid:ICONES-05_e6989344-99c6-4ded-91b2-748e677220a3.png] <https://www.facebook.com/AngolaCables/> [cid:ICONES-04_5f25e789-1a24-4f5a-8aad-26c0930ba4f5.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/angola-cables/mycompany/> [cid:ICONES-03_e5b5ac42-6918-4aec-a29f-caac77f4e32c.png] <http://twitter.com/angola_cables> [cid:ICONES_Prancheta1_02073217-a9bc-45f0-8970-5790a23a3b0a.png] <https://www.instagram.com/angolacables/?hl=pt> [cid:ICONES-02_1c4e151a-ff45-4b93-9f4d-9d5d4ae45f04.png] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ePxWOmrAT-HYxBPr4dNfg> Antes de imprimir esta mensagem, pense no meio ambiente. | Please consider the environment before printing this email. NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE: Esta mensagem (e eventuais ficheiros anexos) é confidencial e deverá ser lida apenas por aqueles a quem ela é dirigida. Se não é o destinatário da mesma, por favor, apague a mensagem do seu computador e destrua quaisquer cópias. É proibida a sua divulgação ou cópia sem a autorização da Angola Cables. DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This message (and any files attached) is confidential and should only be read by those to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Angola Cables or delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited. De: Carolin Geib <carolin.geib@de-cix.net> Data: terça-feira, 25 de agosto de 2026 às 08:47 Para: Artur Mendes <artur.mendes@angolacables.com> CC: 'orga@peering-forum.eu' <orga@peering-forum.eu> Assunto: AW: EPF 2026 - registration declined Dear Artur, Thank you for your message and for raising your concerns. We understand your point regarding the attendees you have identified. However, the individuals you refer to are attending in specific capacities as sponsors, speakers, or as direct peering contacts from their respective companies. Their participation is therefore based on their specific role and relationship to the event, rather than simply on their sales function. We apply the participation criteria consistently, while also taking into account the specific context and role of each attendee. I hope this clarifies why these registrations have been accepted. I appreciate your understanding that we are not able to discuss or compare individual registration decisions in detail. The decision regarding your registration remains unchanged, and I hope we can consider this matter clarified. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, Carolin On behalf of the EPF hosts Von: Artur Mendes <artur.mendes@angolacables.com> Gesendet: Montag, 24. August 2026 20:08 An: Carolin Geib <carolin.geib@de-cix.net> Cc: 'orga@peering-forum.eu' <orga@peering-forum.eu> Betreff: Re: EPF 2026 - registration declined Dear Carolin, I hope you are well. I am still unsure about this year’s rule and would appreciate some clarification. I have attached the identification of several attendees who are purely sales professionals and are already registered. Could you please clarify whether they will also be declined, or explain why they have been accepted while I have not? From my perspective, this appears to be inconsistent, and I would be grateful for your guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance. Atenciosamente / Best Regards [cid:image001.jpg@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image002.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] Artur Mendes VP Sales | Deputy Director | mob: +244927686213 artur.mendes@angolacables.com<mailto:artur.mendes@angolacables.com> [cid:image003.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image004.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image005.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] https://www.angolacables.com<https://www.angolacables.com/> | AS 37468 [cid:image006.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.facebook.com/AngolaCables/> [cid:image007.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/angola-cables/mycompany/> [cid:image008.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<http://twitter.com/angola_cables> [cid:image009.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.instagram.com/angolacables/?hl=pt> [cid:image010.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ePxWOmrAT-HYxBPr4dNfg> Antes de imprimir esta mensagem, pense no meio ambiente. | Please consider the environment before printing this email. NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE: Esta mensagem (e eventuais ficheiros anexos) é confidencial e deverá ser lida apenas por aqueles a quem ela é dirigida. Se não é o destinatário da mesma, por favor, apague a mensagem do seu computador e destrua quaisquer cópias. É proibida a sua divulgação ou cópia sem a autorização da Angola Cables. DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This message (and any files attached) is confidential and should only be read by those to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Angola Cables or delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited. De: Carolin Geib <carolin.geib@de-cix.net<mailto:carolin.geib@de-cix.net>> Data: segunda-feira, 24 de agosto de 2026 às 13:39 Para: Artur Mendes <artur.mendes@angolacables.com<mailto:artur.mendes@angolacables.com>> CC: 'orga@peering-forum.eu' <orga@peering-forum.eu<mailto:orga@peering-forum.eu>> Assunto: AW: EPF 2026 - registration declined Dear Artur, thank you for your message and for sharing your perspective. We fully understand your interest in participating and appreciate your involvement in previous EPF editions. For EPF 2026, we have jointly tightened the participation criteria together with all EPF hosts. We are committed to applying these rules consistently and fairly to all participants, without exceptions. In your case, the decision is based on your current role within your company. While we appreciate your technical background and involvement in peering-related decisions, you are not the designated peering contact and your role is primarily commercially oriented. Please understand that this decision is not a judgement of you personally or your company. It is solely based on the agreed EPF participation criteria, which we kindly ask you to respect. We regret any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your understanding. Kind regards, Carolin On behalf of the hosts (AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX and NETNOD) Von: Peering-forum-info-list <peering-forum-info-list-bounces@peering-forum.eu<mailto:peering-forum-info-list-bounces@peering-forum.eu>> Im Auftrag von Artur Mendes Gesendet: Montag, 24. August 2026 11:50 An: European Peering Forum <info@peering-forum.eu<mailto:info@peering-forum.eu>> Betreff: Re: [epf-info] EPF 2026 - registration declined Dear EPF, I’m sad to receive such email that I disagree as I did participate last 2 years in Vienna and Bucharest, and it was very interesting. Despite my official title of Sales VP I’m an engineer and have an active role in the company in terms of peering decisions and new routes. I also see in the attendees list always a few sales directors, CEO, Managing director, Business development, etc that I remember to see while looking to the attendees so not clear at all why I have been declined this year while I was accept in the last 2 years. Please reconsider as I do want to participate. Thank you Atenciosamente / Best Regards [cid:image001.jpg@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image002.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] Artur Mendes VP Sales | Deputy Director | mob: +244927686213 artur.mendes@angolacables.com<mailto:artur.mendes@angolacables.com> [cid:image003.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image004.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] [cid:image005.png@01DD3476.509F10D0] https://www.angolacables.com<https://www.angolacables.com/> | AS 37468 [cid:image006.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.facebook.com/AngolaCables/> [cid:image007.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/angola-cables/mycompany/> [cid:image008.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<http://twitter.com/angola_cables> [cid:image009.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.instagram.com/angolacables/?hl=pt> [cid:image010.png@01DD3476.509F10D0]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ePxWOmrAT-HYxBPr4dNfg> Antes de imprimir esta mensagem, pense no meio ambiente. | Please consider the environment before printing this email. NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE: Esta mensagem (e eventuais ficheiros anexos) é confidencial e deverá ser lida apenas por aqueles a quem ela é dirigida. Se não é o destinatário da mesma, por favor, apague a mensagem do seu computador e destrua quaisquer cópias. É proibida a sua divulgação ou cópia sem a autorização da Angola Cables. DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This message (and any files attached) is confidential and should only be read by those to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Angola Cables or delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited. De: European Peering Forum <info@peering-forum.eu<mailto:info@peering-forum.eu>> Data: segunda-feira, 24 de agosto de 2026 às 09:47 Para: Artur Mendes <artur.mendes@angolacables.com<mailto:artur.mendes@angolacables.com>> Assunto: EPF 2026 - registration declined [http://preview.peering-forum.eu/rome-2020/wp-content/themes/epf/dist/images/...] Dear Artur, Thank you for your interest in the European Peering Forum. Unfortunately, your registration for the forum has been declined because the EPF is a networking event for the peering community, not a commercial event. As such, any commercial/sales people from the participating networks are discouraged from registering. If you disagree with our decision, please send an email to info@peering-forum.eu<mailto:info@peering-forum.eu>. We apologise for the inconvenience. Best regards, EPF Hosts